“But who do you say that I am?”
—Jesus (Luke 9:20)
In this collection of biblical expositions, eight prominent Bible teachers look to the Gospel of Luke and its unique portrait of our Savior, exploring everything from the nature of Jesus’s divine sonship to his rejection by the religious and political rulers of his day. Chapters include:
- John Piper – Jesus the Son of God, the Son of Mary (Luke 1–2)
- Colin Smith – Jesus Despised (Luke 4:14-30)
- Crawford Loritts – Jesus’s Transforming Power on Behalf of the Afflicted (Luke 8:26-56)
- D. A. Carson – Jesus’s Resolve to Head toward Jerusalem (Luke 9:18-62)
- Kevin DeYoung – Jesus and the Lost (Luke 15:1-32)
- Stephen Um – Jesus and Money (Luke 16:1-15)
- Gary Millar – Jesus Betrayed and Crucified (Luke 22:3-23:49)
- Tim Keller – Jesus Vindicated (Luke 24:1-53)
This book will help you grasp the overarching message of the book of Luke: the blameless life, atoning death, and vindicating resurrection of Jesus Christ.
There are no reviews yet.