This comprehensive reference tool for Bible students and teachers is arranged by topic and provides over 6,000 entries with more than 100,000 Scripture references. Every proper name, place, object, and event of the Bible is listed along with a brief definition or description.
A fact-and-image-filled guide to the arts, cultures, geography, geology, theologies, philosophies, and lifestyles of biblical times. Easy to use, and full of a wealth of information, the Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary will equip your study of the Bible.
The dictionary features:
- Concise definitions of persons, places, objects, events, and concepts
- Over 6,000 entries
- Summaries of the books of the Bible
- Information about archaeological finds in the Holy Land
- Hundreds of illustrations
- Maps of the ancient world from the time of Abraham to the height of the Roman Empire (2000 B.C.-A.D. 117)
- Conservative scholarship that is comprehensive in scope
- Ideal usefulness for laypersons, students, teachers, and pastors