This woman from ancient times was no powerful princess – just a young, vulnerable widow, an impoverished outcast. The story records no famous events or places – just a struggling family facing hard times in a small, agricultural community occupied with their livelihoods and customs. But the hidden hand of God is at work in the lives of these ordinary people, and wonderfully at work in history. God transforms hardship from bitterness to joy; God’s word liberates people to become a community filled with loving kindness towards outsiders; God’s people reach out to their enemies. And most significantly, God’s great plan, to send a promised savior King to redeem people of all nations, is being worked out. Includes:
- Talkabout: discussion starters
- Investigate: inductive study questions
- Explore More: (optional) questions that connect the text with other parts of the Bible
- Apply sections
- Getting Personal: opportunities for each member
- Prayer: thanksgiving and requests based on the text studied.